Michael F. Absher, Jr., CIMA®, CPWA®
Michael F. Absher, Jr., CIMA®
Chief Investment Officer/Founder/
Investment Advisor Representative
Chief Investment Officer/Founder
Investment Advisor Representative
PHONE: 919 283-2340
PHONE: 919 283-2246
Mike is a self-professed economics geek, who follows the path of Warren Buffett. He loves numbers — especially with respect to financial investments. Ask him to tell you something about himself, and you’ll most likely hear about the stocks he likes, how he’s helping clients and then, how much he loves his family (his wife thinks the family should come first).
He’s Founder and Chief Investment Officer of Absher Wealth Management. Mike is a Certified Investment Management Analyst® and Certified Private Wealth Advisor® professional with more than 25 years of experience. He’s responsible for managing all discretionary portfolios at Absher.
Mike’s commitment to his clients has earned him national recognition in the financial planning profession, including:
- 2023 Forbes' list of Best-In-State Wealth Advisors
- 2023 Barron’s annual list of “The Top Financial Advisors”
- 2022 Forbes' list of Best-In-State Wealth Advisors
- 2022 Barron’s annual list of “The Top Financial Advisors”
- 2021 Forbes' list of Best-In-State Wealth Advisors
- 2020 Barron’s annual list of “The Top Financial Advisors”
- 2020 Forbes’ list of Best-In-State Wealth Advisors
- 2019 Barron’s annual list of "The Top Financial Advisors"
Mike has a passion for philanthropy and learning is actively involved in charitable organizations and schools, including: Operation Resolute and Trinity Academy.
Education & Experience
- North Carolina State University – Bachelor of Science in Economics
- Certified Investment Management Analyst® – 2007, Investments & Wealth Institute and through the executive education program at the Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania
- A.G. Edwards & Sons, Wachovia Securities, Wells Fargo Advisors – March 1996 to November 2019
- Certified Private Wealth Advisor® – 2021, Investments & Wealth Institute and through Yale University.
Third party rankings and recognition from ratings services are no guarantee of future investment success. Working with a highly-rated advisor does not ensure that a client or prospective client will experience a higher level of performance or results. Ratings should not be considered an endorsement of the advisor by any client nor are they representative of any one client’s evaluation. Generally, rankings are based on information prepared and submitted by the advisor. A more thorough disclosure of the criteria used to determine the rankings can be found on the Baron’s and Forbes websites.
Forbes: *Ranking algorithm based on industry experience, interviews, compliance records, assets under management, revenue and other criteria by SHOOK Research, LLC, which does not receive compensation from the advisors or their firms in exchange for placement on a ranking. Investment performance is not a criterion. Additional information on the ranking methodology can be found at:
Barron’s: * Barron’s Top 1,200 Advisors are identified by Barron’s magazine, using data provided by a pool of nominated advisors. Factors included in the rankings: assets under management, revenue produced for the firm, regulatory record, quality of practice, and philanthropic work. Investment performance is not a criterion. The rating may not be representative of any one client’s experience and is not indicative of the financial advisor’s future performance. Investment advisors do not pay a fee to Barron’s in exchange for the rating. Barron’s is a registered trademark of Dow Jones & Company, L.P. All rights reserved.
How can we help?
Why not schedule a complimentary introductory meeting? We’ll walk you through our fee structure, our unique planning process and a sample plan.